Their information is based on a survey of 17,000 technology professionals conducted by technology training and certification company, Dice Learning. Dice Learning listed the certifications in order of how much you would earn for your tuition dollar, starting with the most cost-effective at the top.
1. Project management professional
2. Microsoft certified system’s engineer
3. A+ for tech support professionals
4. Cisco certified network associate
5. Microsoft certified professionals for developers and system architects
7. CISSP (security certification from the Information Security Certification Consortium or ISC)
8. Microsoft certified systems administrator
9. ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)
Since the article didn’t list any salary data, I have collected some from PayScale’s database on a variety of IT certifications and what you can earn with them. And, there are plenty more to research in the PayScale database. Whether you’re interested in IT project management, computer security or network operations, hopefully this information will inspire you to get the certification you want and earn more cash.