It’s always a good idea to glean wisdom from wise and inspirational people. Oprah Winfrey has had an incredible life and career. She is famous world-wide for her entrepreneurship, her philanthropy, and her inspirational approach to life and work. Do you take inspiration from her life and career?
Oprah Winfrey is an entertainment icon, but she’s also so much more than that. She rose from humble beginnings in rural Mississippi to become one of the most influential people in the world. Her wisdom about life and career is both applicable and inspiring. Here are some quotes from Oprah Winfrey to give you inspiration you in your career.
1. “If you don’t know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it.”
2. “My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
3. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
4. “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.”
5. “You have to know what sparks that light in your so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world.”
6. “How do I define success? Let me tell you, money’s pretty nice. But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person. What you want is money and meaning. You want your work to be meaningful because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life.”
7. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
8. “The choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.”
9. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
10. “The reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.”
11. “There is nothing worse than betraying yourself.”
12. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.”
13. “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.”
14. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.”
15. “I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.”
Tell Us What You Think
Which quote is your favorite from the list? We want to hear from you! Leave a comment or join the discussion on Twitter.