If you’re in Seattle on April 10, take an early lunch and spend it with equal pay expert, Tanya Tarr, at PayScale headquarters for a 90-minute master class on salary negotiation.
Tanya is a seasoned author and negotiation coach. She’s bringing her master salary negotiation class to PayScale, just in time for Equal Power Day. During this 90-minute interactive session, you’ll learn how to have strategic conversations about pay at work in addition to building your confidence when it comes to having discussions about pay. During the class, you’ll learn:
- How organizations and their employees can benefit from being an equal pay organization.
- How employees can start their own employee resource group to build momentum around advocating for pay.
- Scripts, tips and techniques you can use to have these conversations on your own, with your boss or your peers.
- How to advocate for yourself and how to advocate for others.
- How to minimize negative backlash during your negotiations.
Salary Negotiation Class Details
- When: Tuesday, April 10 from 11am-12:30pm
- Where: PayScale Headquarters – 1000 1st ave. S
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite for $55
With the class, you’ll also receive a checklist and sample scripts to take home that will help you research, organize and build your case for equal pay at work. The session will be held classroom-style at PayScale’s headquarters in Pioneer Square. PayScale will provide refreshments and snacks.
Join Us For More Equality.
Tanya Tarr’s salary negotiation class is part of Equal Power Day, a three-part event all happening on Tuesday April 10 at PayScale headquarters. The schedule is as follows:
- Equal Power Day speakers and networking event – 9am-10:30am (free tickets)
- Equal Power Day Facebook live broadcast – Join to be notified when the broadcast begins.
- Salary Negotiation Master Class with Tanya Tarr – 11am-12:30pm (tickets $55 each)
- Use Your Power Hour: An Action-Oriented Discussion for Allies 4pm-5:30pm (free tickets)
Tell Us What You Think
Are you planning on attending any of our Equal Power Day events? We want to hear from you! Comment below or join the discussion on Twitter!
Featured Image: Gladson Xavier/Pexels