Equal Pay Day is today, Tuesday, April 4.
What is the gender pay gap? The story you think you know—that women earn 76 cents on the dollar compared to men—doesn’t paint a complete picture. What often gets overlooked is why the gender pay gap exists; the gender opportunity gap means that women are less likely to hold high-level, high-paying jobs than men.
Today we’re hosting an incredible panel of gender equity experts and business leaders to talk about overcoming issues like the gender pay gap and the gender opportunity gap.
Here’s the skinny on what you need to know to tune in.
PayScale’s Equal Pay Day Facebook Live Broadcast
- Facebook Live Broadcast starts at 11 a.m. PST on Tuesday, April 4.
- RSVP now and get reminded when the broadcast begins.
- Send us your questions and comments during the broadcast!
Featured Gender Equity Panelists
- Christy Johnson, CEO, Artemis Connection
- Peter Hamilton, CEO, Tune
- Elizabeth Weingarten, Director, Global Gender Parity Initiative, New America
We hope you’ll join us as we explore the root causes of the gender pay gap and the gender opportunity gap, and propose steps everyone—employees and employers alike—can help overcome gender inequity at work.
Tell Us What You Think
Questions about Equal Pay Day? Comment below, or join the conversation on Twitter!
Featured Image Credit: JD Hancock/Flickr