When you think of Equal Pay Day, do you automatically think about the gender pay gap? If so, you wouldn’t be alone. But there’s more to the story than women making 70-something cents to every dollar a man makes. In fact, the gender pay gap has actually been shrinking. But if that’s the case, what is there to be upset about anymore?
It’s this thing called the Opportunity Gap.
The opportunity gap is basically the new gender pay gap. The opportunity gap happens when women are underrepresented in management and leadership positions in some of the highest paying jobs and industries. Specifically, we’re talking about women in STEM, and women in job roles from VP to the executive board.
Join Us In Seattle on Equal Pay Day To Talk About It
If you don’t have lunch plans on April 4, reserve your free spot for a seat at PayScale’s first-ever Equal Pay Day event, Gap Analysis: What Equal Pay Day Gets Wrong.
What, Where and When Is It?
- A one-hour round-table discussion with pay equity experts followed up with a one-hour networking event
- PayScale Headquarters in Pioneer Square (1000 1st Ave. South)
- Tuesday April 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What Will You Get By Attending?
- The real story behind gender pay equity and the opportunity gap
- Free lunch, plus a mimosa!
- Solutions you (and your company) can use to combat gender inequities
- Face time with salary negotiation experts
- Opportunity to network with other local working women and male advocates
Who Can Attend?
- Anyone who wants to learn more about pay equity and how to be an advocate for equal pay and equal opportunity.
Got Questions About Equal Pay Day at PayScale?
Featured Image Credit: JD Hancock/Flickr