Do you dread going to your day job? Does it feel like time is moving backwards? A recent Gallup report titled The State of the American Workplace found that “70% of US workers are not engaged at work.” This is an alarming rate of disengaged employees.
If you find yourself consistently watching the clock and counting down the minutes until quitting time, perhaps it’s time to start looking for a better gig. PayScale recently created an amazing tool to help people just like you find the best career for their interests, education, personality type, and more. Simply take a short quiz and it will provide you with a list of the best jobs that match your criteria.
If you are considering a new job that’s more in line with your career aspirations, join us this Wednesday, April 29th at 10:30 a.m. (PT) for another #PayChat on how to find a job that is practically made for you. We will talk about ways to research, prepare, and discover the career of your dreams. Tune in to learn how to land a job that you love!
During this 30-minute chat we’ll also discuss the following questions:
- Q1) Do you think it is possible to find your dream job?
- Q2) What does it take to land your dream job? Skills? Networking? Experience? Education? Luck?
- Q3) Maybe you are not at your dream job. Is it possible to make your current job more engaging? How?
- Q4) What is more important to you, landing your dream job or a fat paycheck?
- Q5) How long should you pursue your dream job until you settle for less?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the Introducing #PayChat post for more information. #PayChat typically happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PT) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you. Do you have your dream job? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat or leave a message in the comments.