Are you happy at work? What factors are important to job satisfaction over the long haul? In today’s job market, it has become uncommon to work at the same company for your entire career.
The typical employee works an average of 3.7 years at the same company. What factors in the workplace foster employee loyalty and what sends employees running for the door? This topic will be discussed this Wednesday, July 31st at 10:30 A.M. (PST) in our monthly twitter chat, #PayChat.
PayScale recently released a new report on Companies with the Most and Least Loyal Employees, which looks at how employee tenure varies among Fortune 500 employers. This Wednesday, we’ll dive deeper into this report to talk about how salary, job satisfaction, vacation polices and working conditions effect employee retention.
During this 30-minute Twitter chat, we’ll discuss the following questions:
- What is the ideal workplace?
- What keeps employees around for the long-term? Salary? Benefits? Job Satisfaction? Job Meaning? Working Conditions? Flexibliity?
- What are some of the causes of high employee turnover?
- As the job market begins to improve, what can employers do to retain their employees?
- What are some of the advantages of staying at one company for the length of your career? How does this benefit both the employer and the employee?
If this will be your first time joining us for #PayChat, check out the “Introducing #PayChat” post for more information. #PayChat happens on the last Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. (PST) and as always, feedback is appreciated. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss in a future #PayChat, please share it on Twitter or in the comment section below.
Tell Us What You Think
We want to hear from you! Are you satisfied with your employer? Do you plan to stay at your current job for the long haul? Send us a tweet, join #PayChat or leave a message in the comment section.
More From PayScale